Certificates issued on the basis of a valid passport
(1) Birth Certificate : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(persons of Indian origin can also be issued birth certificates on the basis of a Valid PIO card / OCI card or last held Indian passport)
(2) Nationality Certificate : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(3) Life Certificate : Gratis (for Indian nationals) + € 3 ICWF surcharge
€ 12 (for foreign nationals) + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(4) Certificate giving Marriage Conditions per Indian Law : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(5) Non Resident Indian (NRI) Certificate : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(6) Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(foreigners who have previously resided in India may also on occasion apply for PCC for obtaining visas for certain other countries which require such documentation)
(7) “One and the same Certificate” : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(issued to an Indian national who presents documents issued by different Indian authorities)
(8) Certificate about different naming procedures in different regions of India, for new
born babies / married ladies
: € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(9) Death Certificate (to Indian nationals) : € 1
(10) Surrender Certificate (to former Indian nationals on the basis of the last held Indian
passport to be presented at the Counter of the Embassy) : € 20 + € 3 ICWF
(11) Surrender Certificate and Declaration of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship to
former Indian nationals who acquired foreign nationality on or after 1st June 2010.
The last held Indian passport is to be presented at the Counter of the Embassy.
: € 183 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
Checklist for Certificates issued on the basis of a valid passport
(1) Miscellaneous Passport Application form – click here for the form for Indian nationals and click here for the form for foreign nationals. All columns of the form to be completed in block letters
(2) Three passport size photograph (size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm with light background showing front view of face). One of the photos is to be pasted on the application form. The remaining photographs should be submitted intact (please DO NOT staple the photos or sign over them).
(3) Current passport
(4) Photocopy of the current passport, including endorsements, if any, done by Indian
Passport Issuing Authorities.
(5) Photocopy of the Residence Permit in Belgium / Luxembourg. Original Resident Permit to be shown at the counter.
(6) Prescribed Fee
Processing time for issuance of Certificates on the basis of a valid passport
One day (Certificates will be ready for delivery the same day in the evening). In some instances, there could be delay in issuance of a PCC (upto six weeks).
AFFIDAVITS / ATTESTATIONS / POWER OF ATTORNEY
Affidavits are required to be signed in person at the counter of the embassy.
Format of the affidavit would be given at the counter of the embassy and is not
available on the Embassy’s website.
(1) Affidavit (No Objection Certificate ) to be submitted by a parent for issuing a passport to a minor child residing in India
: € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(2) Affidavit by an applicant giving his marital status : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
(3) Other miscellaneous affidavits : € 20 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
Attestation of documents for showing in India:-
Documents emanating from Belgium / Luxembourg (eg. commercial / trade documents) are required to be legalized (apostilled) first by the Belgian / Luxembourg Foreign Ministries. Address proof etc. of foreign nationals for application of PAN number etc. in India, are also required to be legalized first by the Belgian / Luxembourg Foreign Ministries. Thereafter, the Embassy of India, Brussels would be attesting such documents.
(1) Attestation of trade / commercial documents : € 62 per apostilled document plus € 3 ICWF surcharge
[including applications for PAN number / DN1 Form to be applied in India by foreign nationals / firms and Power of Attorney (of a commercial nature)]
(2) Attestation of documents (of a non commercial nature, eg. adoption papers etc. ) :
€ 12 plus + € 3 ICWF surcharge
Attestation of documents for showing in Belgium / Luxembourg:-
Documents emanating from India for showing to the Belgian / Luxembourghish authorities cannot be directly attested by the Embassy of India, Brussels. These documents need to be attested by the General Administration of the concerned State Government and thereafter legalized (apostilled) by the Attestation Cell of Ministry of External Affairs in Patiala House, New Delhi. Thereafter, these documents may be attested/legalised by the Belgian / Luxembourghish diplomatic/consular officers in India, after which, the documents are treated as valid in Belgium / Luxembourg.
Power of Attorney
Power of Attorney (not of a commercial nature) is to be drawn up by the executor himself / herself and signed in person at the counter of the embassy.
(1) Power of Attorney : € 25 + € 3 ICWF surcharge
Checklist for Affidavits / Attestations / Power of Attorney
(2) Prescribed Fee
Processing time for issuance of attested Affidavits / Commercial Documents / Power of Attorney
One day (Attested documents will be ready for delivery the same day in the evening).